Thursday, October 2, 2008

While I have no love affair with black, at least there is no love lost anymore either! I will still choose brown over black if given a choice, but this absolutely de-lish new paper from Basic Grey removed all option for brown.

I figured out something absolutely fabulous. Forgive me if someone else discovered this first; I didn't know about it. I don't usually figure out techniques on my own, but necessity is the mother of all invention, and I was in dire need for this card.

I wanted to do pretty, frosty trees, but I had no grey craft ink and with the fine lines of this stamp, I was not even going to attempt re-stamping the image with versamark. That idea is just a disaster waiting to happen! I inked up my image with dye (classic) ink and then tried picking up versamark overtop. I got a partial tree trunk on my versamark pad. Not good! Then, I tried inking up the image with Versamark first and inking with dye ink on top of it. Ink on top of ink on the stamp. I stamped the image and then embossed. OH GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked. I'll be showing this fabulous trick to my hostess ladies a little later this month. I felt brilliant for a moment - then life knocked on my door, and I was just me again...

stamps; lovely as a tree (SU!), Give Thanks (by Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper)
paper; elephant, raven, coconut smoothie (bazzill), Ambrosia collection (basic grey)
ink; going grey, baha breeze, soft sky, basic grey (SU!), versamark (tsukineko)
accessories; irridescent ice ep, balck grosgrain ribbon (SU!), square rhinestone brads (making memories)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...