Thursday, October 2, 2008

Silhouette Cutie Patootie

I am the worst for having stamp ADD. I'm not trying to making fun, and no insult is intended anywhere, I assure you. I am simply admitting a foible. I love NEW stamps. NEW images - keep 'em coming and the faster the better. Sets sit neglected in my closet - MANY sets.

HOWEVER, I am using this Pocket Silhouettes set to death! It is such a tiny set power packed with possibility. I used markers on the silhouette, then misted with water so the colours would blend. I've been doing this for ages and I keep calling it Faux Watercoloring. I found a tutorial on this technique on SCS calling it Misting with Markers. It's a really good tutorial, and I highly recommend it!

I didn't quite get the slot punches even around the ribbon which really bite my backside! I may re-do the floral panel before I send this away, I think...

stamps; pocket silhouettes, en francais (SU!)
paper; baha breeze, whisper white, kiwi kiss, green tea (SU!)
ink; baha breeze (SU!)
accessories; brads, white grosgrain ribbon, slot punch, markers (SU!), nestabilities (spellbinders)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...