Friday, October 3, 2008

This girl of mine just turned 12 and she towers over me. I was trying to speak sternly to her the other day, and we were in close proximity. Yup, she was so distracted by the height difference that I'm sure she didn't hear a word I said. NADA! I really need to remember to tell her to sit, or catch her coming UP the stairs on those rare occassions I need to 'talk' to her! *snort*


His perpetual rooster comb is flat!!! Holy shamolies!!!! Bit by bit I've realized he's losing his boy face and gaining a young man face. This shot makes me a little misty-eyed as I see before me my boy on the threshold of manhood. It's all too fast! I can't even begin to tell how blessed I am that I get to be a stay-at-home homeschool mom. Sheesh! Too soon it'll be over...I have a friend who really doesn't like the sock monkey set. I admit it isn't a fave for me either, but my youngest begged me when she saw it - I'm a pushover, eh?! It's a really good set for kids though - teens snicker over it too. It has baby card potential. I saw the potential, so I got it. DD twisted my rubber arm.
I chose the colours from this fabulous K&Co. paper. I found another paper pack from Daisy D's that is all sock monkey as well using a bit more 'boy' colours. I think it was finding the sock monkey papers that helped me see the final piece to my sock monkey puzzle. Designer paper ALWAYS inspires me and gives me a place to jump into a project from. Coulda used some sparkle though...
stamps; sock monkey
paper; coconut smoothie (bazzill), deep red (paper accents), berry sweet dp (K&Co)
ink; versafine jet black (tsukineko)
accessories; markers, rose red 5/8" grosgrain, bella button (SU!), mini white button brads (making memories), copic marker (to colour a few of the button brads)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...