Monday, May 18, 2015

Be Kind

What a glorious morning! As the trees bud and come into full leaf, I am often amazed by the remarkable beauty of the season. While my dad was in the hospital a few weeks ago, he was most concerned he would miss the trees, "lighting up" this spring. I think that was an extremely apt description and have thought of it often since he was released from the hospital.


I used the inspiration of the early spring season for this card. The fresh green and sparkling sky simply takes my breath away. This sentiment is a favourite because it really speaks to me about the state of most people I encounter most days. I find it remarkable how many students in my classes have some pretty heavy stuff going on when they leave my classroom. I find it is very effective to treat them with kindness and mercy.


I cut my layers from cuddle cream cardstock using pierced rectangles. Both this die set and cardstock are from the Spellbinders's Celebra'tions line.


I used Labels 39 and Labels 39 Decorative Accents to cut, emboss and frame the sentiment. I sponged the sentiment while it was still in the die to create an ivory edge around the piece, creating the illusion of an additional layer. Gotta love those layers!!

stamps: everyone you meet (unity stamps)
ink: tuxedo black memento ink (tsukineko), tumbled glass distress ink (ranger)
paper: once upon a springtime (graphic 45), leapfrog, starmist (bazzill), cuddle cream (celebra'tions by spellbinders)
accessories: pierced rectangles, labels 39, labels 39 decorative accents (spellbinders), flower (petaloo), ivory ribbon (offray)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...