Friday, December 30, 2011

IHP - Hot Concoctions

The blur I fondly call Christmas is over. We have lost a total of 3 pups from our current fostered litter which deeply saddens my family. Last night I had to make another emergency dash to the vet with yet another pup from this litter. This pup had a lump on the underside of her throat the size of a large gumball and all I could think was not another one! It turned out she had an abscessed infection without any sign of how it started. There are no puncture wounds or other obvious signs of trauma which might typically lead to an infection of this magnitude in a 4 week old puppy. The lump was lanced and drained and we are applying hot compresses to aid the drainage.

And card making went by the wayside this month due to life hitting us with a tonne of bricks. Today, I stole some time between compresses to finish this lovely thing I started 2 days ago for the sketch challenge on SCS.


I really love my Generations paper pad from Simple Stories! The paper designs are so rich and warm.


This fabulous coffee to go cup and sentiment are from Hot Concoctions by Paper Smooches. I had a coffee stamp set that I loved but it had only one huge cup in it and so when Kate started carrying this stamp set, it easily became my new favourite coffee set and I really love the adorable images and versatility of it!


My new favourite embellishment is a bow cluster and while this one isn't my all time favourite, it works well with this card. I keep thinking it needs a little pink rhinestone in the flower to coordinate better with the rest of the bling, and it may still get one before this card is given! I am in love with the burgundy ribbon and I need more because I don't think I have enough left to do a bow but I might just have enough to do a lovely knot, we'll see.

If I can't do another blog post before New Year's, I wish a blessed and very happy new year! *MWAH*

stamps; hot concoctions (paper smooches from ihp)
paper; generations (simple stories from ihp), java, clover leaf, saguaro (bazzill), kraft (american elements)
ink; rich cocoa memento ink (tsukineko from ihp)
accessories; sm & lg classic circles nestabilities, ironwork motifs (spellbinders from ihp), white gel pen (sakura), branch punch (martha stewart), floral embellishments (recollections), basics light pink rhinestones (kaiser from ihp), burgundy crepe ribbon (creative impressions from ihp)

6 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Loretta! I love the rich papers and beautiful embellishment cluster! So very sorry about your pups. I'm glad the most recent trip to the vet had a better conclusion. Happy New Year!

Shelby Goolsby said...

I am so sorry to hear about the puppies. Your card is just lovely. I love the colors and pretty embellishments. Happy New Year!!

Conniecrafter said...

Your card is Gorgeous, love the deep colors, the gems are a nice touch!
So sorry to hear of the loss of the pups, it must be hard, hope the new year starts off better than this one has ended!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Hi Loretta! So sorry about the pups....it is heart-breaking to hear. Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Happy New Year. Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while, but I see you are still creating some amazingly beautiful cards!!! Hugs and blessings, Angie

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Loretta, Sorry I haven't been by before today, but like you life hasn't been so good for me lately. Anyway, I love your card, it so traditionally christmas.
Sorry to hear about the puppies, I do hope they are all well now.
Best wishes and Happy new year to you and yours
Linda (UK)

AdoraBella said...

I just found your blog and it's really amazing! I can't stop clicking at 'Older posts' button. Your style is awesome and inspiring.. and all of your creations are really elegant. TFS this lovelyness with us!
Hugs
- Maria!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...