Friday, July 16, 2010

You're Outta Here!

I was so happy to see a cute little rocket ship called Blast Off! in this month's release from Chicken Girls Designs!  I had this idea for a rocket ship card, and the other rocket ship image I have was far too small to work for this sketch.  Again, the beauty of digi images is that the size is made to order every time! 



My card is 6"x6" so I wanted the image to be nice and big.  I think this card has potential to scale down to a 4"x4" card as well, simply by using smaller stars, a rhinestone flourish like the ones available from ZVA for the rocket exhaust and a few rhinestone shooting stars with narrower ribbon.



I used glossy accents on the porthole - I think it's my favourite part!  The porthole is popped up 3 image layers deep and the rocket is 2 layers.  I used tiara stickles on the stars and exhaust flourishes and a happy oops - the moisture in the stickles made the flourishes curl a little giving the card even more depth!  I coloured this image with copic markers and lightly sponged the background with distress ink.

Have a happy weekend!!!

stamps; blast off (chicken girl designs)
paper; hang 10 (basic grey), coloured cardstock (bazzill destinations), white cardstock by copic
ink; stormy sky, tumbled glass distress ink (ranger) 
accessories; rectangle nesties, stars, doodle parts (spellbinders), twill ribbon (may arts), tiara stickles, glossy accents (ranger), copic markers

6 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

So cute! Fabulous colouring, and the swirls and stars tie in nicely. Have a great Sunday!

Michele Lourenco said...

I love the layering on this card.

i {heart} papers said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love, love, love.

Lori said...

Too fun! Love all the layers on the rocket ship--looks great!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Loving the way the rocket ship looks- the layers and the distress ink!

Judy Rozema said...

AWESOME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...