Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Golden Oldies

As this post goes live, many fellow crafters, like myself I suspect, are getting geared up for peeks and news from the upcoming Craft and Hobby Association Show in Chicago that starts July 27th.  So exciting!  To celebrate and get ready for all the new product, Kate is continuing a store-wide sale!  She has paper for as low as 25 cents per page.  To get your creative juices flowing, the i {heart} papers design team has been challenged by Deb to make a project using some of these gorgeous, older papers.  We would invite you to play along.  If you do, please use code IHP0710 so we can find it in your online gallery and leave you some luv!!  Here's my card;


I used this gorgeous oldie pack of paper, Granola by Basic Grey.  I love the colours in this line.  That's where my inspiration began.


Kate has Unity stamps on sale as well, and for this card I used the May stampin' store stamp set.  **At the time of publication, the 'A' part of this kits had stock, but I see now that there is only part 'B' of the kit now available.**  I used three stamps for this image;  beauty definition, solid rudbeckia, and log book section stamp.  For the flower, I used the 'thumping technique'.  If you are unfamiliar with this simple technique, Beate has done a terrific tutorial for SCS.  I spritzed water on the image to create the water stains.  A no brainer, right?




I used the fern stamp and sentiment from the May stampin' store stamp set.  The pearls here started off white, but I coloured them with copic markers to make what I needed for this card but didn't have on hand.  I love my copics!  Here, I layered petite oval, circle and scallop circle nestabilities to feature this lovely sentiment.  Kate has many of her nesties on sale too!



I made these rolled paper flowers myself!  I know - Sometimes I surprise myself too!!!  It's a simple quilling technique and there is a great video tutorial here!  I layered them with a night blue Zva pearl flourish.  I punch out a few leaves from Granola paper, and coloured a couple more pearls with copics.

Check out the projects by the rest of the IHP design team - they are all golden oldies  --  The supplies, NOT the ladies!
stamps;  May stampin' store stamp set (Unity)
paper; Granola (basic grey), raven (bazzill), kraft, watercolour paper
ink; old paper, pumice stone, frayed burlap, brushed corduroy distress ink (ranger)
accessories;  night blue pearl flourish (zva),  gold ribbon (may arts)petite oval, circle and scallop circle nestabilities (spellbinders),

13 comments:

Deb said...

Simply breath-taking, Loretta!

Ooooh, I canNOT WAIT to see you!

Cassie_lu said...

love the rustic look of this card and the way you have created the image is stunning

i {heart} papers said...

Oh gosh. I need to be careful not to slip on the drool on the floor now. This is amazing. See you in less than a week!!! Weeeeee!!!!!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Holy cow, what an awesome card! Just gorgeous!

Gretchen said...

Wowza this is just amazing! So very beautiful and I love the way you colored the pearls (why didn't I think of that!) See you soon!!

whoistracy said...

Wow, this is stunning! What a work of art. You should frame this!

Kendra said...

WOW ~ Stunning!

Lori said...

Loretta, this is gorgeous! The details you included are fabulous. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

HappyCrafter said...

This is beyond amazing, not just a card but definitely a piece of art--gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

Stunning, gorgeous stamping, great colors and cute flowers!

kitchen table said...

Stunning indeed. Your layout is very unusual. I have never seen anything like that before. Now I have learned a new design. Thank you for sharing it in your blog.

FibreJunky said...

GORGEOUS!!! Yes, I'm shouting. Wow!!

Judy Rozema said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...