Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baby Fairy Blue Hair

Since I first joined a digital image design team (Sugar Creek Hollow) last January, I have come to really enjoy the flexibility of digital images.  Initially, I was terrified because I have questionable tech skills and I wasn't sure how I would cope not knowing how use and alter these images.  My tech savvy oldest daughter patiently showed my how manipulate these images in Wordperfect.  Cool.  Later this summer, I will graduate to using a photo altering program that I downloaded for free from the internet and I can't for the life of me remember what it is called!  OY!

Some of my favourite digi images are from Mo Manning.  That girls has got a gift for capturing life and emotion in her images.  I do love whimsy, so I used Baby Fairy Yuriko for this card;







I think I have license to colour her hair blue because she is a sweet, imaginary creature.  I used copics and prismacolours on this image for a little more textured depth than I would be able to achieve using copics alone, and better coverage and saturation of colour if I had used prismacolours alone.  It's a happy balance!

Enjoy your day and thank-you so much for stopping by today!

stamps; baby fairy Yuriko (mo manning)
paper; coloured cardstock by core'dinations, coconut swirl  (bazzill), happy day (sei)
accessories; storybook cricut, flower fantasy cb folder (provocraft), oval nesties, lotus pendant (spellbinders), green crepe ribbon (creative impressions), white ribbon (offray), diamond stickles (ranger), rhinestones (heidi swapp), copic markers

3 comments:

Joseline said...

This is just adorable! I love the sketch layout you created and the blue hair fairy is just too darn cute. I love how you added sparkles to her wings.

Faye said...

Very cute! Aren't you on holidays? You are amazing.

Stamping Becky said...

Beautiful card, Loretta! There are so many wonderful details on this card. Your baby fairy is just so sweet and cute! Love the blue hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...