Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SC287 - It's Me!!!

I sat down this morning and looked at the SCS challenge for the day, as I do most mornings.  Today is Wednesday, so it's a sketch challenge - my favourite kind of challenge!!!  I scrolled down and nearly spit my hot beverage all over my monitor and keyboard.  Instead I choked and had a coughing fit.  My DS asked if I was okay and I pointed at the screen... to my SCS moniker.  Roxie used an old card of mine for the sketch challenge today.  I figure it's good etiquette for me to participate in the challenge and I squeezed it in between a lovely visit with a friend and getting groceries (it is such a sad thing to see children licking the shelves of an empty fridge in the hopes of filling their little tummies... *snort*).  Without further ado, here's my card;


I used this darling cow from Chicken Girl Designs - the image is called Sizzling Good Time.  This image really tickles my funny bone!  It makes me think of sentiments like, 'Pork.  The other white meat.' and 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' with a pithy punch line on the inside.  The sentiment that comes with this image is, 'Have a sizzling good time!' and I used it on the inside of the card.  So fun!

I coloured this image with copic markers that co-ordinate with Cosmo Cricket's paper, Material Girl.  The edges are sponged with antique linen and tea dye distress inks.

I hope you have a chance to play along and use my sketch!

stamps; sizzling good time (chicken girl designs by i {heart} papers)
paper; material girl (cosmo cricket), walnut creme (bazzill), kraft paper
ink; antique linen, tea dye distress ink (ranger)
accessories; distress stripes (cuttlebug provocraft), twill ribbon (may arts), copic markers

6 comments:

Lisa Summerhays said...

Great sketch! Love the cow. Fabulous card!

Anna said...

Congrats on the sketch, I looove this card!

LeAnne said...

You are too funny...I am sure your kids could rob the sugar bowl if they were that hungry! CUTE card...love this whimsical image!

Laura Pryor said...

This freakin' ROCKS, Loretta!! I love the papers you put him with and how you colored him! Soo cool that your other card was inpiration for this week's SCS sketch challenge!!! Do they have a blinkie for that?? THEY SHOULD!! That's pretty BIG I think!

Velta said...

This is too cute Loretta!!! love your fun side....and the card below is amazingly beautiful...gotta love that one. Thanks for sharing. Hope you and yours have a great holiday weekend.

i {heart} papers said...

Lovely shading! Love your colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...