Friday, July 2, 2010

Wedding Dresses

And now for something totally off topic, here are the wedding dresses I altered this year;

This dress was relatively simple to alter.  All I had to do was bustle the back.  Isn't the red embroidery on this dress stunning?!!! 

The bride wanted a little bit different bustle, but I just couldn't make it work.  Instead, I did this which will be simple to put up before the reception and allows the beautiful embroidery to be visible.

This dress was 4" too long in the front.  I had to remove the embroidered flower overlay at the top of the skirt (the beads fell off when I did that!!!  DANG!) and then remove the skirt from the bodice.  I sculpted the top of the skirt and reattached it and then rebeaded the overlay.

Lovely, eh?!!!  Side view bustled.

In this shot the train of the dress is down and it really is quite stunning.

Here, the train is bustled.  It ended up being the nicest bustle I've ever done.  I'm not sure it has much to do with my skill, and more to do with the way the dress was made and how the fabric draped.

I love working with my brides, but I'm always happy when my wedding season ends too!


Janette said...

What a fab job you made of these,very clever,beautiful gowns to.xx

FibreJunky said...

Wow! I've only ever altered one wedding gown and it was probably way more than my skill level was up to at the time.

Although my skills have increased dramatically since 1991, I'm still not sure I'd ever attempt it again. Those are both gorgeous dresses and obviously you are quite talented.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...