Saturday, February 13, 2010

OCC - Something Old that's NEW

This week, our February hostess, Linda Coughlin, has challenged us to dig deep in our stash and pull out something that we purchased eons ago but never got around to using. That's right, stampin' susters, we all have things in our stash that we have never used or haven't used in a very long time. It's time to get those supplies and tools out and USE them. Really, what did you buy them for anyway? We're looking forward to seeing what you whip up with them...

Remember, there is no time limit on our challenges. Please feel free to participate whenever you are able. To play along, upload your creation to your blog or gallery, then leave us a comment linking to your project so we can check it out. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: OCCC


I started by choosing and older SCS sketch challenge sketch for my project - SC198. It's a sketch I loved and never did get to it.

Finding something old that I hadn't used was easy! *blush* On the upside though, I had lots that co-ordinated easily. I've had this jitterbug paper from Cosmo Cricket for about 4 years and never cut into it. What was I thinking? I bought it because I loved it and while I was digging around for today's challenge, I found I still love it. The colour palette tickles me in my happy place. I know most people love polka dots, but I'm just not big on that particular pattern, so I used it and covered it up, mostly. *grin*

I bought the riding hood red ribbon when it was first released and I think I used it once. After all this time, the roll is still full. *sigh* I found once I got it, it was a red I wasn't big on. I don't think I used it for workshops either - it really didn't move me! Last night though while I was working on this, it occurred to me that rather than using my tried and true brown, which was my original plan, this ribbon went well enough with the rest of the palette to be used.

I used 2 stamp sets that haven't been inked. Fueled by Caffeine by Our Craft Lounge is from Kate at i {heart} papers that I got quite awhile ago - Juneish, I think. My Fancy Flourishes set arrived at my door last fall and then was buried under a pile of stuff that I was unable to deal with at the time.

The flowers and buttons are from Making Memories collection, Ava and Elizabeth, which haven't seen the light of day for a year, at least! I also pulled out my circle cutter which I got because Stampin' Up! was carrying them, and then used for one workshop and that was about that. OY!

Please pop by the OCC blog to see the rest of the samples by the design team.

stamps; fueled by caffeine (OCL), fancy flourishes (autumn leaves)
paper; jitterbug, be good (cosmo cricket), hayley, fern, hershey (bazzill)
ink; espresso adirondack, tea dye distress ink (ranger)
accessories; petite & scallop oval nesties (spellbinders), border punch, circle cutter (ek success), elizabeth, ava embellishment jars (making memories), branch punch (ms), dew drops (the robin's nest), rhinestones (heidi swapp) , ribbon (SU!)

4 comments:

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is so absolutely GORGEOUS Loretta!!! The cluster of buttons and flowers is just FABULOUS!!! What a SPECTACULAR card!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful, wonderful card Loretta! I see you found quite a few things that needed some love. That's great paper, which I still have unused in my stash too. How cool that you used a tried and true sketch for your card. I love that Riding Hood red ribbon, but then again, I love all things red. The flowers and buttons are fab also. Great work on rising to this challenge!

i {heart} papers said...

SO, so pretty! I love the rich colors. Makes me want to go have another cup of coffee!

Unknown said...

OMG 4 years? Glad you found it again and used it! I love your layout. I'm going to have to find that on SCS. Great job with the challenge!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...