Monday, August 24, 2009

SUINK Frosty Sprout

I keep playing with my Christmas paper. I like using Christmas paper year round because there are so many papers that are just lovely and not Christmas specific. The new release from Basic Grey is called Eskimo Kisses, and it's all pink, purple and blue for Christmas. What a huge change from last year's ultra conservative Wassail line! I'll decide once I see it in real life if I can handle that quantum leap.



For this card, I used an older Basic Grey line called Blitzen. I am going through copious amounts of paper right now, and truthfully, that's okay by me because I'm using up a bunch of older, well loved paper that has been decorating my shelves for far too long. I had these top notes laying around, and right beside them was my spellbinders autumn harvest frame die. I had a sudden inspiration that those two things worked together! I'm using up scraps and doing it in a lovely way - it's a good day!!!

I used prismacolours and copics to colour this frosty fairy as well as using metallic cream chalks on her wings. This card is 6"x5 1/2" to accommodate both the frame and top note piece.

stamps; sprout (fairy tales by SUINK)
paper; blitzen dp (basic grey), bashful blue cardstock (SU!), cardstock by core'dinations, heavy vellum
ink; black soot distress ink (ranger)
accessories; autumn harvest frame, oval and scallop oval, label 4, doodle parts, flower parts nesties (spellbinders), ornare piercing template, white satin ribbon, top note die (SU!), rhinestones (kaiser craft & bazzill)

1 comment:

Cathleen said...

Ooooooo! Very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...