Friday, March 20, 2009

LSC212 Spring Garden

I had exactly one hour to spare for the challenge today. I spent a fair bit of time discovering I have no spring flower stamps *snort*! I guess any excuse to buy more stamps is a good excuse. Then I stumbled on these pussy willows and figured they might be about perfect. Pussy willows are about the very first thing to come out around here. They arrive almost a month before tulips and daffodils.
I love the hope spring brings. I haven't seen any robins yet, but it doesn't mean they aren't here. I bet if I look around, I'll find some.

Late March and early April are our snowiest time of year, so this really is a good vignette of my muddy, barren garden...

Bring on the sun!!

stamps; scene in a garden (SU!)
paper; ever after (cosmo cricket), mud puddle, rope dotted swiss, coconut swirl (bazzill), cold press watercolour paper
ink; timber brown stazon (tsukineko), willow, juniper, latte, rust, hazelnut, lemonade reinkers (adirondack by ranger)
accessories; doily edge punch (martha stewart), clear skittles (the robin's nest), white twill (may arts), white satin ribbon (offray), hope charm (tokens by blue moon beads), hemp twine

4 comments:

Jennette Warren said...

Very cute!

Kerri said...

Beautiful, Loretta! I just love this set and will definitely have to order it!

LeAnne said...

I have resisted buying this set, but it is so pretty! I love how your watercoloring is just so subtle here.
LeAnne

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the way you tied the hemp around the ribbon and the hope charm is cute, sweet image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...