Saturday, March 21, 2009

OCC Sketch Challenge

This is my sample for this week's sketch challenge at Our Creative Corner. Our March host, Kim Teasdale, put this one together. I would encourage you to stop over and leave Kim some love for becoming one of the newest Dirty Girls on the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen Design Team!!!

Okay, I love this sketch! This was a fun challenge and felt more like play than a challenge. I {finally} used the sweet pea stamp from my Echoes of Kindness set. I stamped it with Stazon on watercolour paper and coloured it with Distress Ink re-inkers. I pulled out one of my all time favourite background stamps, French Script, to stamp over the sweet pea. Since the blossoms were still slightly wet, the ink from the script bled into the flowers so there's not much evidence of script on top of the flowers. I love the way that happens, but it only works if the over stamp is a fine line stamp without being a dense design.

I used sandpaper on the designer paper and then sponged the sanded edges. I dirtied up the grommet (new from the spring occasions mini) with adirondack alcohol ink so it blended with the vintage feel of the rest of the card.

Well, this one may be a keeper - I love it. Don't forget to take a look at what the other OCC designers came up with. You can see all the samples together on the OCC blog, as well as individually on the designers' personal blogs:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

stamps; echoes of kindness, french script (SU!)
paper; life's journey (K&Co), auckland, brown (bazzill), ivory linen, medium weight white vellum (paper accents), cold press water colour paper
ink; timber brown stazon (tsukineko), mellow moss, always artichoke (SU!), faded jeans broken chine reinkers, antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo (distress ink by ranger), adirondack alcohol ink (ranger)
accessories; sliver grommet (SU!), aqua twill ribbon (martha stewart), sage/brown ribbon (may arts), textile emboss folder (provocraft), large, small and scallop oval nestabilities (spellbinders), silver brads (making memories)

12 comments:

Vicki G said...

Loretta, this is a Beautiful image and a gorgeous card. The DP is so elegant!

Vicki

StampOwl said...

this is gorgeous Loretta ... love the embossed vellum panel

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Loretta I always love your colors.

Silke Ledlow said...

What a beauty - Loretta!!! Love the DP and the image you used plus the CB'ing!!!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Love the details on this and the image is gorgeous!

Robin said...

Absolutely gorgeous Loretta!! I love the colors and how elegant it looks!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful design Loretta! The floral image is stunning and it really pops with the gorgeous dp!!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

sukes7 said...

what a beautiful card lovely delicate image and such attention to detail luv sue x

Velta said...

Loretta ~ I really don't know what to say about your last four or five posts...except...I think I am jealous!!! Your art work is amazing :)

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Beautiful card - love all the details!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I'm such a dork -- have a houseful of cards and never remember to send any out. Hope you have a great day!

Jenny Gropp said...

LOVE it! I love that French Script background too! This came together perfectly -- just outstanding!

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty colors on the image and love the vellum here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...