Friday, December 26, 2008

LSC200 & HCE03 for IHP (what an alphabet soup kinda upload!)

Well, for likely the first time ever, I'm uploading a hostess club card before hostess club happens. I'm quite tickled with the way this turned out. Originally I planned to show my lovely ladies how to watercolour with Home for Christmas, but I realized that might take a week for us to complete. Keep it simple. So I'm going to pull out old faithful here - bloomin' beautiful. This set has had longevity that I'm surprised by. It's a beautiful set - stunning IMHO - but it's had a longer run in the catty than a set that started out in a mini typically has. All I can say is YAY!!!

So, I'll be teaching a little bit of watercolouring, but the real wow factor, I think, will be when I show versamark and clear ep on chocolate chip cardstock - delish! Such subtle impact! I used the baroque borders wheel on the edge of the inside of the card using versamark and then clear embossed it. I didn't dream this technique up - it's been around forever. I just like it and haven't shown it, so it's on the menu for Sunday.

stamps; bloomin beautiful (SU!)
paper;
chocolate chip, bashful blue, watercolour cardstock (SU!)
ink;
versamark (tsukineko), chocolate chip classic ink, bashful blue, mellow moss, not quite navy reinkers (SU!)
accessories;
scallop edge punch, baroque border wheel, clear ep, bashful ble taffeta ribbon


This little gem is 1.25"x4.25". I'd never heard of scraplings until I read about it in the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza on SCS, but I want to celebrate the brilliant person who came up with these! So sweet. All my girls think so, and they keep picking it up to rub the ric rac ribbon. They want to know who will get it for Valentine's since they all want it...

I got my design team box from Kate at i {heart} papers this week - it was like an early Christmas present! I used my new velvet ric rac - this is so uber soft and it just looks wonderful! The striped designer paper down the middle is SEI's chocolat paper stack. You really should check out this line! It has sparkle butterflies, silver foil, and it's so many wonderful shades of pink and brown goodness. The sentiment, heart and hugs & kisses are from Impression Obsession's Sweet Hearts. I'll be using this set more over the next few weeks, so stay tuned! I think it's adorable and I love it!

stamps; sweet hearts (impression obsession IHP)
paper; pink chiffon (paper accents), chocolat (SEI IHP)
ink; pearlescent chocolate (brilliance by tsukineko)
accessories; clear ep (ranger), silverbells dew drops (the robin's nest), white velver ric rac ribbon (may arts IHP), diamond stickles (ranger), copic markers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...