Monday, October 6, 2008

Vintage Winter

I just think these girls are so sweet! The first time I saw them, someone had done a pink Christmas card with them, and I was hooked. Winter Is Calling is a lovely, classic set from Stampin' Up! and has some of the sweetest winter children's scenes that I have seen to date.

I just got some of the new Cosmo Cricket Christmas paper called 'Oh, Joy!' It is stunning!!! They combine soft, sage green with a deep cranberry red. De-lish!!!

I stamped the image on watercolour paper and then went to town with reinkers. I painted the ink heavily on the older girl's coat, and applied a colour wash to the younger girl's coat. I used my nestabilities to cut the oval and scallop oval layers. It doesn't show well, but I embossed the image layer. I have got to figure out better light to take these pictures in. Full on sun is too bright, but there are no lights in our house now that works for this kind of photography. *sigh*

The leaves are almost all off my trees which is my signal to get my Christmas cards done!!!

stamps; winter is calling (SU!)
paper; very vanilla (SU!), oh, joy! (cosmo cricket), watercolor paper
ink; timber brown stazon (tsukineko)
accessories; pretties kit, scallop edge punch (SU!), classic ovals nestabilities (spellbinders), ribbon (american craft elements), silver gelly roll pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...