Wednesday, October 8, 2008

There was a ferocious windstorm yesterday. As I was driving to my dad's I had to steer clear of a 40ft pine tree that had been blown over into the road. It was lunchtime and this was right in front of an elementary school. A young girl of about 9 was standing in front of the tree, in the middle of the road doing a strong man pose for her friend who had a cell phone and was obligingly taking a picture of her. Too funny!!!

By the time I got back home, my beautifully colourful crabapple tree was NAKED!! Completely and totally barren of foliage. *sigh* So much for a lovely, long drawn out autumn. Bring on November - my warm woolies are out of storage now!!!

This stamp from Foliage Trails by Inkadinkado looks like yesterday felt. It briefly rained - horizontally! However, my consolation is that I could SEE the colours whipping by and FEEL the bite of the wind - What a blessing!

stamps; Foliage Trails (inkadinkado), Time to Stamp (CHF)
paper; chocolate chip, kiwi kiss (SU!), haunted, be good (cosmo cricket)
ink; tangerine tango, close to cocoa, chocolate chip (SU!), perlescent chocolate (brilliance by Tsukineko)
accessories; copper hardware (We R Memory Keepers), brown satin ribbon (offray)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...