Thursday, October 9, 2008


Today's challenge is to use a monogram. I read the challenge description and turned to my DD and asked if I have any chipboard letters. She said no, and the brilliant child then said - 'but you could use your cricut to get a big letter.' DUH!!!!! What was I thinking? I obviously don't use my cricut near enough! I bought the paper doll cartridge this past summer and have had precious little time available on my Cricut if I did think of using it. My kids love that cartridge! I need to post what my daughter did with it for a school project...
I cut the 'L' and put it through my xyron upside down to get even coverage of adhesive. I then applied dazzling diamonds glitter. Holy Toledo that is one blingy 'L'!!!
I stamped the leaves on pearlized vellum and embossed with copper detail embossing powder. Then, I applied alcohol inks to give the leaves a little mottled colour. I used my cricut to cut the circles and crest as well. I figured while I have it out, might as well make good use of it for a change *grin*
stamps; Lovely Leaves (SU!)
ink; versamark (tsukineko)
paper; beau jardin poppy (bo bunny), bazzill brown (bazzill), carousel notes (SU!)
accessories; hardware and brads (we r memory keepers), old olive poly twill ribbon, dazzling diamonds glitter, copper ep (SU!), alcohol inks (adirondack by ranger), copper paint pen (zig), alphalicious cartridge and cricut (provo), plumeria dew drops (the robin's nest)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...