Friday, October 17, 2008

I tried so hard to do today's challenge. I had the limited list lined up. Everything was going along smoothly. Sponging was nice, not smooshy ugly. Image was good first time stamped. All good. Then, I put the jumbo eyelets in and OH GACK!!!!!!!!!! It looked dumb as a bag of hammers! *sigh*

I REALLY tried to stay within the challenge parameters, but I failed miserably. So I decided since it was destined for the round file as it was, I might as well try to salvage it. My thrify side took over at that point because could I really throw away 5 jumbo eyelets and not totally pummel myself for the next week over it? NO!!! So I decided to bling it on baby!! My brad options were limited because I'm getting low on stock - jeepers, who knew?!! I always like the look of the big rhinestone brads in the jumbo eyelets. I appreciate the genius who came up with that look. I LOVE IT!!

If you look really closely at the tree, I even have the pre-requisite for blue that needed to be included for the challenge. ALl I can do now that I ruined it (for the challenge) is say that it is challenge inspired...


stamps; giggle grove (unity stamp company)
paper; old olive (SU!), raven, coconut smoothie (bazzill), merlot perlized cardstock (paper accents)
ink; black onyx (tsukineko), shabby shutters, peeled paint, milled lavender, concord grape (distress ink by ranger)
accessories; pewter jumbo brads, black grosgrain ribbon (SU!), rhine stone brads (making memories), self-adhesive rhinestones (unknown)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...