Monday, October 20, 2008

I am totally out of my comfort zone right now. I don't layer paper with different patterns very well. I know of people who do this with such expertise I'm left in awe,though. I've seen it done in decorating magazines countless times with fabric. I think about purchasing furniture for my home and think - 'Oh Gack!!!! How will I NOT waste hundreds of dollars on the new couch and chairs we need and make my home beautiful?!!!'

So, I'm firmly launching myself out of my comfort zone. Paper is cheaper than furniture, and if what I do is destined for the round disposal file, I won't beat myself up about it for too long. *grin*

Today's challenge was to use watercolour pencils and twinkling H2O's. I have no watercolour pencils, so I did the best I could with what I had. I gold embossed the image, then watercoloured it with reinkers. I colour washed the background with twinkling H2O's, and included the prerequisite pink for breast cancer awareness month.

stamps; invitation (magenta)
paper; Eva (basic grey), auckland (destinations by Bazzill), watercolour paper
ink; versamark (tsukineko), reinkers (adirondack by ranger)
accessories; gold painty pen (zig), gold detail ep, matte medium (ranger), regal rose grosgrain ribbon (SU!), plumeria dew drops (the robin's nest), twinkling H2O's

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...