Wednesday, July 9, 2008



More scraps. I know, I know; will the scraps never end? No, I don't think so, and I have my kids using them up as well. I think we live in a magical, blessed house. For years, it didn't seem to matter how much of a piece of fabric I used for clothing, there was always enough left over for another garment. We are moving to a lovely house that will accommodate all of us, and my hobbies, and our breeding shelties, and the biggest concern my children have is, "Will the basement there be magical too?" Bless their hearts!


I have explained to them that we will serve the same God, and it is His generosity spoken into our lives that is the provision for us. My God rejoices over me, His word tells me. All I can think is, "...what is man that you are mindful of him?!!..." (Psalm 8:4) I am so small and He is so great, and I don't often think that I am worthy of that notice even when I read that 'the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.' (2 Chron 16:9) My heart? Is it fully committed to Him? Honestly, I have moments I am ashamed to admit happened. Things I have done and said and thought. My good self wants to earnestly believe my heart is fully committed to the Lord. But then I have 'moments'. I am so glad the Jesus loves me and nothing I do or say or think will remove me from his presence. He already loves me as much as He is capable of.


Will the scraps ever end? I doubt it. Will we have a magical basement again in our new house? As long as God sits on the throne of the universe, I say a resounding 'YES!' We will have a basement where fabric grows to clothe my family and meet the needs of those around us.


This is my new house. It is more than twice as big as my current house on the main and upper floor. I never, in my wildest dreams, thought I would ever live in a house like this. Okay, there is a funky red jacuzzi tub and matching toilet. And a funky blue tub and matching toilet. But at least they match!!! One day they will go, but not yet. There are changes that will happen eventually, but we are moving to a house that we won't be on top of each other every minute of every day. The next 3 weeks can't go by fast enough!!!

Back to the card... I was invited, along with a schwack of other ladies more talented than I, to participate in a challenge using Crafty Secrets stamps. Do vintage using black was the only guideline. BLACK!!!! I avoided a rash this time, but one can never tell... I have got to make better friends with black. REALLY!! At least there is no black in the decorating scheme of my new house!!! *snort*

stamps; wildflowers (crafty Secrets)

paper; basic black (SU!), fleuriste, ribbons from the be good collection(cosmo cricket)

ink; archive black, sandals, latte, hazelnut, by adirondack (ranger) reinkers; butterscotch, latte, sandals, pesto, willow, juniper by adirondack (ranger)

accessories; twill tape (misc), black grosgrain, black brads (SU!), stardust gellyroll pen (sakura), blender pen (tombow)

3 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

OH! It's Lovely!!! And the house looks wonderful! Congrats

Karri said...

Pretty house! Good luck with your move.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card so pretty. Wow that is a house, lucky you congrats, on your new home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...