Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I have an event I'm getting ready for. Sometimes, when I bite off more than I should, I turn to Splitcoast for help. That website has saved my proverbial patootie many times, as it has for this coming event. This card is a shameless case of tmryal's card. It's a real beauty! Now, I know it was done for a sketch challenge, and therefore it's a design free for all, but I really choose to respect the idea of giving credit where credit is due. I changed the colours and the embellishments, but I kept the layout (the sentiment is moved a little), the sentiment (same sentiment, different font) and the same simple beauty of the original card.

Now, for the laugh - I used the sentiment for the SYMPATHY (Thinking of You) card for this WEDDING (Best Wishes) card! OOPS!!! The wedding and sympathy cards will be at the same station *snort* and I need to decide what to do to this very stereotypical wedding card to make it a sympathy card...

stamps: Elegant Greetings (stampin' up!)
paper: raven (Bazzill), Wedding Designs double sided dp (We R Memory Keepers), Linen, pearlized cornsilk (paper accents)
ink: basic black (stampin' up!)
accessories: textuile A2 embossing folder, cuttlebug (Provocraft), dotted sheer cream ribbon (bazzill), nestabilities rectangles (spellbinders)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...