Thursday, October 18, 2007

I am so all over challenges this week. It might be because I'm still a little tightly wound {insert tazmanian devil here} but who cares?! I'm stamping! This is a little challenge between a few friends, and please join in - it isn't meant to be exclusive. You can find the deets on Lynda's blog (a link is on the left on my blogroll). I used the new Basic Grey Mellow paper. To be honest, when all was said and done with this card I realized I didn't use a single stamp *GASP*!




This is for the colour challenge that Emily posted this week. October is breast cancer awareness month so, appropriately, the challenge this week was to use pink. I'm all over it! Pink is SO not me, but who cares?! It's a challenge...



And this pretty little thing? ANOTHER CHALLENGE, baby! This is super charged though. Colour challenge (pink, remember?), the sketch challenge for this week, and the product Dirty challenge. Good golly!!!!

And the challenge for today... Ways to Use it. Wood - use wood on your card... What the?....
Okay, I'm on a roll. I can do this. Hold the phone! A friend gave me these business card sized wood veneers from Lee Valley. Cool! Never stamped on wood before. This is my second attempt.


First time through, I asked too much of the wood. I stamped it with stazon. It looked beautiful! A very detailed line image. Then I coloured it with my copics - oops... Did you know that alcohol based anything disolves stazon? DANG!!! Forgot that. See, last winter I had a window idea for a santa face that I stamped on acetate with stazon. A logical thing to do. Then, I coloured over it with sharpies and POOF santa was gone... I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer. So I tried colouring over stazon with copics and POOF my line image was gone. Hmmm...


Now, I can't guarantee I'll remember this by this time next year, but I learned two things from this experience. Again, alcohol anything disolves Stazon - handy info if I (not my kids) drop a stazon on pad on the hard wood and get a smear. Very fine line images on wood are a pain. Instead, go with the texture woman!! I learned and so the images here are done with Ranger's distress embossing powder. Very much texture. It's a good thing.

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Your cards are beautiful Loretta, Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...