I used light weight vellum for the main image. I discoverd through trial and error (lots of trial and error!!) that light weight vellum does not dry emboss well. When labullard over at splitcoaststampers posted her directions for the embossed vellum Dirty Dare challenge, I completely missed the vital part that said CARDSTOCK weight vellum. **head tilted slightly to the left, thoughts falling out my left ear, pat that girl on her head and send her on her way!!!** GOSH!!!
I heat embossed the Lizzie Anne Jolies Fleurs images all over the vellum, making sure of no overlaps. I coloured the images on the back of the vellum with Stampin' Up! markers. I found that I wanted some of the colours to be more vibrant, so I coloured those on the front as well. I used the new SU! background stamp Sanded with chocolate chip on the back and itty bitty backgrounds on the front in creamy caramel. I have a small teardrop shaped brilliance pigment ink pad called mango that I smooshed all over the back of the image after everything else was done. Smooshing is no loger exclusive to home decorating!
I did a lot of experimenting to see what colours most closely matched the basic grey dp. Try it on the "wrong" side, flip it, see how close the colour looked on the "right side. Because it is so translucent, I backed it with white cardstock so the colours were truer than if you could see the dp through the vellum - that quite distorted the colours. And there you have it!