Friday, May 20, 2016

Thanks



Bit by bit, I am able to do more paper crafting. Today, I made a thank you card inspired by a husky foster dog we had last summer. I can cut an aluminium can using Spellbinders dies. This was such a delightful discovery and I love the matt finish of the aluminium flowers on my lovely little wreath.


As I cut the fox from white cardstock, I left the parts in the dies and carefully sponged grey ink using the dies as stencils.


The sentiment is cut from black cardstock and mounted it using dimensional foam. Come to think of it, the entire image was adhered using foam dimensionals.


The colours used for this project were inspired by a wintery landscape with an Arctic Fox posing for the camera. I am fascinated by the whole camouflage process that many animals in my area undergo every fall and allowed that to guide my artistic instincts.

paper; horizon, raven, white, ash cardstock (bazzill)
ink; london fog memento ink (tsukineko)
accessories; hydrangea, forest fox, wreath (spellbinders)

1 comment:

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

Gorgeous! I appreciated reading about your process in putting this card together, thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...