Thursday, May 26, 2016

Dear Self



I really love this card. I've faced job insecurity for 4 years now. Not knowing where I will be teaching from one year to the next, because of the way our system and union partnership is in my area, has been a real drain on me emotionally. It has been a significant area of faith weakness and an area I am trying to submit and grow.

I haven't used this layout in quite some time, but I love the subtle tension it adds to a balanced appearing card. Using brown and blue is a favourite combination for me, and I am really enjoying dipping into some old favourites.


I dyed the ribbon. The effect is all sorts of wonderful and I love that it coordinates so beautifully with the pattern papers. I used tea dye, stormy sky, and vintage photo distress ink reinkers with wide white ribbon.


I cut the sentiment and sponged ink, as with the other papers for the uppermost layers. I combined a key and the word faith as a subtle reminder to myself of the direction I must move toward. To provide a little antiquing to the charms, I have applied a little distress alcohol ink to them. It is very helpful having all the inks I've used identical in colour so creating the individual elements was simple.

stamp; digital sentiment (tlc creations)
paper; blue awning (k&co), white, java (bazzill)
ink; antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo distress inks (ranger)
accessories; 5x7 reflective moment (spellbinders), charms (blue moon), white ribbon (offray)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...