Friday, November 13, 2015

Traditional Christmas Colours!

If you read my previous post, you will have learned that I rarely create traditional coloured Christmas cards.


I had a pile of scraps from a card class I taught last year and took a bunch and cut squares from them. I sketched a rough grid on a piece of paper and glued them alternating the direction of the stripe creating a basket weave pattern.


The pieced background is very busy so I cut a simple pierced white frame using Pierced Squares. I wanted a larger center to the frame, so I used Large Classic Squares paired with the pierced squares to create this effect.


I used a sentiment from Doodlebug Christmas (which I think has been discontinued), stamped in Black Onyx ink. I really love versafine ink for acrylic stamps because it has fantastic coverage. I cut and embossed the sentiment using Large Classic Squares die.


I used scor pal tape to adhere the vintage glass glitter - 1/4" around the edge of the card base and outside edge of the white frame, and 1/8" for the inside edge of the white frame. The green silk ribbon is just the icing on the cake!

stamps; christmas (doodlebug)
ink; black onyx versafine (tsukineko)
paper; christmas stripe (unknown), raven, patch, coconut swirl (bazzill)
accessories; pierced squares, lg classic squares (spellbinders), green silk ribbon (may arts), vintage glass glitter (art institute glitter), 1/4" & 1/8" adhesive tape (scor pal)

1 comment:

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

What a lovely card and such a great idea with the paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...