Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Inspired Christmas Pixie



The Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoaststampers each week is one of my favourite challenges. This week, I found this pin on a the IC pintrest board and have used it to inspire my whimsical Christmas card.


I adore this little Christmas Pixie from Tiddly Inks, and I think it might be discontinued. I looked on the website and didn't find it.


The little poinsettia accent is from 5x7 Holly Frame, and I love the dimension it adds to the card. After I cat and embossed the accent, I coloured parts of it using the same copic markers used for the Christmas Pixie.


After the wings were coloured, I went back over them using clear wink of stella pen to add all that sparkle. It's quite wonderful! I used clear wink of stella on the poinsettia as well, and it adds such a special touch. The sentiment banner was cut by hand and then sponged. I think the Hero Arts stamp set I used has also been discontinued.


This colour palette is a favourite of mine. The softness of it is very appealing and is such a lovely change for a Christmas card. Yes, another non-traditional Christmas card.

stamps: christmas pixie (tiddly inks); joy to all (hero arts)
ink: only black versafine (tsukineko); bundled sage, iced spruce distress ink (ranger)
paper: cozy christmas (my mind's eye); horizon, white, smoky (bazzill)
accessories: 5x7 holly frame, lg classic squares (spellbinders); gold pen (marvy/uchida), clear wink of stella (zig); copic markers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...