Saturday, October 17, 2015

Self-Control

Hello, friends. I saw this pin on an amazing Pinterest board in today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS, and I was inspired by the calm colours.


I am a high school teacher, and this sentiment speaks to me. Really. I love my students and I adore working all day, every day with the youth in my city, but some days what they come up with just makes me laugh. Frequently.


I love the pairing of the Pierced Word Bubble die with the knit print on this pattern paper from Authentique: Cozy. To me it's a visual representation of what the stamped sentiment says. I know. On occasion, perhaps today, I over think what I do, but when I saw this pattern paper, it all fell together. It was a fun little epiphany moment.


Since finding these cheeky sentiment stamps from Riley and Company, I have been using them fairly frequently in my paper crafting because I enjoy the contrast between the what is said, and the more structured traditional layouts of my cards. So much fun!!


Increasingly, I have noticed embellishments are getting big again. As I was searching my aging stash for this project, I discovered my embellishments haven't necessarily aged well, and my style has changed. Time to get creative to make it work because I have a whole bunch to use up before I can replenish my stock! I coloured some of these flowers by smooshing a few ink pads on my craft sheet and sprayed the ink with water. Next, I simply rubbed the flowers through the ink and left them to dry. I will be trying the ink on watercolour paper backgrounds soon, so stay tuned!

I hope today is a day of revealed blessings for you.

stamps; self-control (riley & co)
ink; onyx black (tsukineko), ocean aqua, pebble adirondack ink, tumbled glass distress ink (ranger)
paper; cozy (authentique), horizon, kraft, lily white (bazzill), vellum (paper accents)
accessories; pierced word bubbles, A2 curved matting basics A, A2 curved matting basics b (spellbinders), mulberry flowers (petaloo), triple butterfly punch, leaf punch, branch punch (martha stewart), buttons (basic grey), sewing machine, thread

1 comment:

Carol H. said...

Love your card! The colors are awesome! Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...