Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Magical Snowman

I live so far north that I can report it snowed this past weekend. The snow melted within 24 hours, but the reality is IT SNOWED! The only good thing about snow in early October is it inspired me to ramp up on my Christmas card making.


I have a stack of digital images that I printed out quite awhile ago, and now I can't find them on my computer, which crashed more than a year ago and I lost a whole bunch of images, including this one :(. I think this darling snowman was a Whimsy Doodle image, but I can't confirm it. I did a Google search and still couldn't find it. If you know what this image is and who the publisher/artist is, please let me know in the comment section so I can give credit where credit is due. I cut and embossed the image using Classic Rectangles Lg.  **edit added This is a Sassy Cheryl's image called Fat Round Snowman**


I literally had to dust off my Copic markers to colour this image. And this is take 3 on it - I pitched the first 2 images I coloured because they were awful and there was no road to recovery for them. And I'm not trying to be modest here. Really. Bad. And I forgot to colour the buttons - just noticed that... *sigh

Fortunately, third time is a charm! Thanks heavens, because I really didn't want to have to sell my copics because they are one of my top 5 colouring mediums. I forgot to track all the copics I used to colour this image because I am simply that out of practice! The wings and sentiment are super sparkly thanks to clear Wink of Stella. Wink of Stella is fabulous stuff!! I love the brush on it because it makes for quick complete coverage and it is remarkably sparkly. *swoon*


This is a massive sentiment and I love it! I cut a rectangle and stamped the sentiment on it using Onyx Black Versafine ink. Versafine ink is my favourite ink for acrylic stamps because it has fantastic coverage. I don't like Versafine for colouring with copics because it bleeds. Next, I centered the rectangle on Baby Buntings #6 to cut the notched end to the Magical mini banner. These gorgeous snowflakes are from Create a Flake 6, a new release from Spellbinders. I'm a sucker for a pretty snowflake!

stamps; digital image fat round snowman (Sassy Cheryl's), christmas sentiments (echo park)
paper; seasons:winter (authentique), thunder, white (bazzill)
ink; onyx black (versafine)
accesories; baby bunting, create a flake 6, classic rectangles lg (spellbinders), clear wink of stella (zig), copic markers (copic), assorted rhinestones (unknown)

1 comment:

Patti Willey said...

I love your whimsical Snowman Loretta! I don't know the image I hope you can locate it! How clever to utilize this large sentiment on this card arched like this tucked among the snowflakes! Keep those Copics in reach because this image is gorgeous, I think you're back in the game! Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...