Monday, August 31, 2015

Spa Day

I've never visited a spa before, but the idea of it is very appealing sometimes. And I'm not fond of camping, as my family can attest to, so when I found this stamp I was very happy and giggled a little.


It seemed completely appropriate to create a spa themed, blinged out card to really drive the point home for this sentiment. And it made me giggle some more. And I've never been to a spa, so this is just what I think a spa would be like - lovely, soothing colours, kind of like a beach. But really I'm clueless.


As with most projects I make just for me, some of the supplies on this card are discontinued. The pattern paper I used on this card is the only discontinued product, so I think I'm doing pretty well this time. I even pulled out platinum stickles for this project! In the process of choosing which stickles to use, I sadly discovered that I have a bunch of stickles that have dried up, or the glitter has separated from the adhesive and I couldn't get them back together to look decent. Dang!


I really adore the Labels 46 and Labels 46 Decorative Elements. This die shape is so unusual and pretty - very easy to work with. With so many tight layers, I used both 5x7 Matting Basics A and 5x7 Matting Basics B so I could get precision cuts and placement (embossed lines are like colour by number for paper placement). Happiness! I would love to hear about your best spa experience in my comments!

stamps; i wanted to go camping funny bones RWD-066 (Riley & Co)
paper; flora & fauna (K & Co), coconut swirl, ash (bazzill), grey (worldwin)
ink; onyx black versafine ink (tsukineko)
accessories; labels 46, labels 46 decorative elements, 5x7 matting basics a & b (spellbinders), silver paint pen (marvy uchida), platinum stickles (ranger), grey bubbles (queen & co), white ribbon (offray), Bow-it-all v 2.0 (zutter)

brown sugar; sentiment - make it big
CCEE; bow
crafting with friends; anything goes
craft your passion; anything goes
crafty hazelnut; patterned paper
inspiration destination; anything goes
through the craft room door; anything goes
splitcoast stamper; feature stamper card (FS447)

5 comments:

Gea said...

I love your card very nice.Thank you for joining BSC

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Stacey said...

great sentiment! that is my kinda camping! I love bows and yours is just WOW! beautiful Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Keep Smilin',
Stacey xxx
TTCRD DT
Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

cass said...

Great card, love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Make the Sentiment BIG" challenge.

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful.Just love the elegant die cuts and the sentiment.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...