Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Heartfelt Creations




First of all, apologies that I've been silent. I've been very busy behind the scenes, which truthfully is a very good thing. And report card marks were due and tomorrow is Parent/Teacher/Student interviews. And Ripley, our foster dog had his second orthopedic surgery today. And some other things I'm not able to share. It's been quite a challenging few weeks!! My desk is in a frightening state which is a good thing too since it means I've been able to create recently more than I have in a very long time.

Today, I want to share this birthday card that I created for Heartfelt Creations. I was pleased to discover that Spellbinders Large Classic Ovals die template #6 fit this pre-printed panel perfectly. This delightful discovery allowed me to create a window in which the lovely printed panel fit. I just love happy accidents like this! I really like the way the A2 Tranquil Moments frame accents the pre-printed panel.


I created the flower in the center of the bow by cutting 3 of the small flower die template and then I hand trimmed the flower layers to created graded layers. I think the change that is created by trimming the flower layers is quite lovely, and it turned out much better than I thought it would.

There is a great deal more inspiration on the Heartfelt Creations blog, and I invite you to visit.

stamps: shifting gears, tarnished gears (heartfelt creations)
ink: Tuxedo Black Memento ink (tsukineko), Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone, Stormy Sky distress inks (ranger)
paper: all geared up collection (heartfelt creations), Hershey, Raven (bazzill)
accessories: all geared up die set (heartfelt creations), Rust Organza Ribbon (really reasonable ribbon), A2 Tranquil Moments, Classic Ovals Large (spellbinders)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...