Thursday, August 4, 2011

HC - Romantic Woodland Botanical

My sheltie got out of the yard Tuesday night and I was devastated. We searched the neighbourhood for more than an hour. Then, I phoned home and asked my son to call the local emergency veterinary care and ask if someone caught our dog and took him there. They confirmed that he had just been dropped off and I got there without breaking speed limits. My sheltie ran the pads off his paws by running down the middle of our streets the whole time he was out and his paws look like hamburger. He's bandaged up and came home the same night. It's 2 days later and he still can't walk and, bless him, he pulled off one of his bandages last night. Fortunately he goes back to have his bandages changed a little later today and I know he's already on the mend. *Knuckle headed dog!* His blue bandaged legs make quite the fashion statement...

And so I have another late post. *GACK* I'm not normally this chronically late and I really could do with a lot less stuff going on. REALLY. Maybe I should just write a journal of my 'normal' everyday everything and it would get turned into a book and then be contracted for a popular evening tv show with a major network. Or maybe a lot less could start happening and I'd be okay with that too.

With a little time to kill between my everyday events, I kicked my kids off the computer so I could show you what I did with another of the sets from Heartfelt Creations's Botanical Garden Collection.


My instructions for making this card are quite simple;

Cut brown card stock as follows; squares 6", 5 1/4", fancy tags 3 die, trace around outside of large labels 20 die and large labels 14 die and cut by hand. Cut green card stock as follows; 5 3/4", 5", cut using large labels 20 and labels 14 die, and trace around oval die used to cut sentiment. Cut pattern paper as follows; green floral square 5 5/8", burgundy print square 4 7/8", and rose print trace around inside of large labels 20 die and cut by hand. Stamp solid fern image using shabby shutter ink. Immediately over stamp using line image fern image using peeled paint ink. Immediately apply clear embossing powder and heat set image. This only works as long as the distress ink is still wet, so speed during this stage is vital for success. Cut image using Labels 14 die, lightly sponge over fern using Mountain Rose ink, then sponge edge using bundled sage ink. Stamp sentiment using brown ink and cut using oval die. Assemble card as shown.

To colour coordinate the rhinestone accessories, apply drops of cranberry, currant and espresso alcohol ink to applicator tool and dab on rhinestone button, brads and adhesive rhinestones. Embellish card as shown. I really love the look of the alcohol inked button, brads and rhinestones!

Have a great day, peeps!

stamps; bella rose scroll, woodland fern (heartfelt creations)
paper; julianne 6"x6" pad (K&Co), ivy, nougat, walnut creme (bazzill)
ink; versamark (tsukineko), shabby shutters, peeled paint, bundled sage distress inks, mountain rose adirondack ink, espresso, cranberry, currant adirondack alcohol ink (ranger)
accessories; sm classic ovals, labels 14, labels 20 nestabilities, fancy tags 3 shapeabilities (spellbinders), clear detail embossing powder (ranger), ribbon (SU!), button (bazzill), rhinestone brads (making memories), rhinestones (heidi swapp)

3 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, lovely stamping and like your combo of dies for the framing!
Glad to hear you found your little guy, poor thing, he sounds like he would be quite the sight :)

Unknown said...

This is so totally pretty - just love it. Waouu.

StampingbugKerry said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors and the little flecks of ink here and there. SO fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...