Thursday, July 28, 2011

IHP - I Love You

This morning, it's sunny out my window after all the fickle weather we've had so I was inspired to create this sunny card.


I used some lovely pink floral pattern paper from the Sweetness paper pack from Pink Paislee to base my card on. This paper is so softly feminine that I wanted to use soft coloured ink and card stock. I layered pink silk ribbon over a white eyelet punched border, ivory crochet trim by May Arts, topped by taupe satin ribbon and a bow (LOVE my bow easy!!!). I love all the texture!

This sentiment is from Simply You by Technique Tuesday. First, I masked off 'I love you' and inked 'This is why' using pumice stone distress ink and then I reversed the mask and inked 'I love you' using frayed burlap. I cut the sentiment using large petite oval nestabilities and mounted it using small petite oval and large petite scallop oval nestabilities mounted using Zva dimensionals. I used a corrugated frame by jillibean to base the sentiment on and embellished it with a couple of ribbon flowers from Lavish Trimmings by Tim Holtz.

It's going to be a lovely day and this was a terrific way to start it. Have a banner day, peeps!


stamps; simply you (technique tuesday)
paper; sweetness (pink paislee), kraft (american elements), coconut swirl, walnut creme (bazzill)
ink; pumice stone, frayed burlap, spun sugar distress inks (ranger)
accessories; artisan elements (pink paislee), lg scallop, large and small petite oval nestabilities (spellbinders), bright rhinestone brads (sei), ribbon flowers (tim holtz), pink silk ribbon (creative impressions), crochet trim, satin ribbon (may arts), dimensionals (zva), bow easy

3 comments:

Audrey said...

What a stunning card. I love all the detail.

Mary Friederichsen said...

Lorretta This is so gorgeous! I just love the soft feminine feel and all the little details!

Thank you for sharing!

Blessings and Hugs,
Mary

Stamping Becky said...

Very bright and pretty! Beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...