Tuesday, July 26, 2011

IHP - AARCS inspiration

This month the i {heart} papers design team has been challenged to make a project inspired by their favourite charity. I am so thankful to be able to join my love for crafting and my love for my charity in one post!!

If you have followed my blog for long at all, you will know that my favourite charity is one of my greatest passions - the Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society (AARCS). My family has fostered +120 dogs with this organization in just over 2 1/2 years. I believe deeply in the philosophy of Adopt, Don't Shop and I go to schools to present to kids why this is so important. In my house right now we have 4 foster puppies which is a very low number for us since we had 13 fosters until 2 weeks ago.


For my project, I bought these awesome bone shaped cookies for the canines in the house. We are house training one 11 week old pup (UGH!) and teaching him that his crate really is a great place to be at night. He's not convinced. During the day, we have his crate in our general living area and we give him treats in there so he associates it with good things. Tonight, he's going to get part of this massive bone.


I made the tag using Labels 10 and Large Petite Oval Nestabilities Dies. The colours for AARCS are black and bright green. I used pattern paper from my Jovial 6" pad from Basic Grey for this tag because it was a good green and I like the random polka dots on it. I really don't thing anyone can read the Christmas Carol in the teensy medieval font on the paper, and I love the classic colours of this paper. It's not all about Christmas!!! The sentiment, paw print and puppy image is from Who Let the Dogs Out by Technique Tuesday and the pup is coloured uisng E30, E31 and E35 copic markers. I attached the tag to the bones using linen cord and black and ivory check ribbon.

I invite you to take a look at the rest of the IHP design team's projects inspired by their favourite charities! We would love you to play along with us and ask that you use code ihp0711 so we can find your projects too.

Wish me luck house training yet another puppy without my house starting to smell like an outhouse!!

creative card crew - animal antics
crazy challenge - ribbon 
sentimental sundays - focus on the sentiment 
 

15 comments:

Kendra said...

OH HOW SWEET! Love the bones and the tag! Great project Loretta!

Gretchen said...

OMGosh this is sooo cute! Your puppy is colored beautifully (as usual!). You are so good to those little guys!

whoistracy said...

What a cute project!! I just can never get over your coloring, it's always so gorgeous.

Judy Rozema said...

Saw this on SCS but had to come tell you again how much I love it!

Kirsty said...

What a good idea! Perfect to give to a dog or a friend with a dog! Pretty bow and I love the button. Thanks for joining us at Crazy Challenge - good luck!

Deb said...

Awwwww! This is so darling! Cute as can be, melts your heart!

I missed you soooo much at CHA! Love ya, GF!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Oh, this is just adorable! You really rock those Copics!

i {heart} papers said...

Adorable my friend! You are amazing for all you do. We're dealing with some serious separation anxiety from BooBoo (also not a fan of the crate).

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Lovely project! Thank you for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays! ;)

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful project. Hope your dog gets to be cozy with his crate soon. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

Kath - GD
"Let's Get Scrappy!"
http://kmcbhernandez.blogspot.com/

Lou Mac said...

Ohhhh!! This is CA-UTE!!

Thanks for joining us over at Senitmental Sundays for our 'Focus on the Sentiment' challenge this week. Good luck.

xo, Lou Mac.

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

I'm so glad you could join Sentimental Sundays this week for our challenge as this card is simply perfectly SENTIMENTAL! You knocked this out of the ball park!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Hope you enjoy the freebie Sentiments of my choice this week as well. And you are invited to my 6 mo blogversary candy!

Lori said...

This is adorable, Loretta! Chloe would love a treat like this! Hope the crate training is going well.

Tameko said...

Fabulous project. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

What a darling little treat! So cute! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...