Saturday, March 19, 2011

IHP - I Love Spring

I love spring. It's my favourite season, hands down. I love the fresh, moist air after winter's freezing sterility. My favourite couple of days are when the trees develop a pale green haze as their leaves begin to open. We can't predict when it will happen, usually in May, and it never lasts more than a day or two, but it always makes me feel like I have been kissed by heaven.


I wanted to catch the emotion I feel in spring in my card - a pretty tall order, eh? I used Stampavie's My Little Lamb for this fresh spring card. Graphic45 has released a terrific paper pack aptly named Once Upon a Springtime. It's such a lovely paper collection and many of the papers are covered in darling and beautiful fairies! It's hard to get more whimsical than fairies in spring!


I went over the top colouring this image. Considering this image is 2 1/2"x3" I admit I may have used too many copic markers, but honestly, is that really possible?!! There were so many copics used in the colouring of this image, I had to split it into 2 pictures;



This is where they were used;

dress and pink flowers; R00, R01, R02, R14, R17, R20, R21, R22
hat and yellow flowers; Y0000, Y00, Y02, Y04, Y15, Y21, Y23, Y26
sky; B0000, B00, B21
grass and foliage; YG03, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97
lamb; W0, W2, W4, W6, W8
hair and skin; E0000, E00, E30, E31, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, E55

Then, since I am trying to remember to do the card insides more, I grabbed a brand new Technique Tuesday stamp set, Loving Words by Ali Edwards to stamp a sentiment on the inside. I used scraps from making the front of the card for the inside. I decided the inside needed a little burst of spring happiness too, so I punched a few butterflies and gave them a bit of a pearl trail. Loverly!


Yup, a little bit of spring happiness in my studio considering we've had 128 straight days of snow cover in my neck of the woods. I'm really excited about spring bringing more sunshine and warmth and some new colours (any colour!) to the landscape outside my studio window!

stamps; my little lamb (stampavie), loving words by ali edwards (technique tuesday)
paper; once upon a springtime (graphic 45), walnut creme (bazzill), x-press it blending card (copics), old olive (SU!)
ink; black soot distress (ranger)
accessories; sm rectangle nestabilities (spellbinders), border punch (ek success), trio butterfly punch (martha stewart), pearl flourish (zva), adhesive pearls (hero arts), copic markers, ivory ribbon (offray)

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Wow Loretta- this is just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...