Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Angel Trumpet Flowers

I love making 3 dimensional flower images.  This week for Heartfelt Creations I used the newly released Angel Trumpet Flower stamp set to create a bouquet on a card.


I create these images by stamping my base image and colouring it so I have an idea of where I can make the image denser and still show the lovely blooms.


Next, I stamp the image repeatedly to get enough parts to layer and use to fill holes.


I colour the images and cut them out. Since they are all original hand created elements, I choose the ones I like the best and save them for the top most layer. *grin* I don't colour every image the same. It's a real bugaboo when I like the base layer the best and then have difficulty duplicating it.



I begin assembly by filling in foliage using dimensional foam.I continue filling in the image until I have used most or all of the parts.  For this image, I used everything except one big blossom.


I assemble the card and voila!



I used the following copic markers for this image;


foliage; YG00, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97
blossoms; V9, V93, V95, V99
shadows; T0, T1, T2, T3, T4

Please pop by the Heartfelt Creations blog for specific instructions and the rest of the projects by the Heartfelt Creations design team.

stamps; angel trumpet flowers (heartfelt creations)
paper; julianne 6x6 pad (K&Co), elephant, fern, walnut creme (bazzill)
ink; black soot distress ink (ranger)
accessories; cream ribbon (offray), vintage swirls say it in crystals (prima), stick pins, pearl brads (making memories ), pearl and crystal beads (unknown bulk), stardust stickles (ranger), bow easy

3 comments:

Angelica Turner said...

This is so gorgeous, I absolutely love the dimension of the image and your coloring is beautifully done. Love it Loretta, you are so talented.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, beautiful layering and just love all the pearl and gem accents!

Dee Jackson said...

What a gorgeous card!! Your coloring is just fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...