Monday, January 10, 2011

Tree-iffic Featured Stamper Challenge

I was able to take some time yesterday to play.  It's super snowy and bone chilling cold right now, so I hunkered down in my studio and did the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS.  I chose this card, Masculine Floral?, by UKJem to CASE.


I changed the colours, but stayed with her masculine botanical theme.  BTW, I would challenge you to look at all your Christmas paper with fresh eyes.  The pattern paper I used here is from Christmas Past by Graphic45.  There are lots of ways you can use up the Christmas leftovers without making projects look Christmassy.  Those gift pattern papers?  Birthdays are a perfect time to use those.  Red and green coloured papers?  Think strawberries, roses, and other summery themes instead.  Use what you have because there is always something gorgeous being released just around the corner!!  {Oh!  Happiness!}


I coloured the trees in this image much like the way they were done on the package, because I think was brilliantly done!


It was a pretty simple little copic colour scheme; G21, G24, G40, G85, G94, G99

Ta, for now - gotta run puppies for their vaccinations.

stamps; tree-ific trees (our craft lounge)
paper; christmas past deluxe (graphic45), blackberry swirl (bazzill), antique linen (paper accents)
ink; tea dye distress ink, espresso adirondack (ranger)
accessories; curio buttons (basic grey), black rhinestones (heidi swapp), black floss (bazzill), copic markers

2 comments:

Stamping Becky said...

Nice masculine card! Even with a simple layout, you manage to incorporate lots of details. Again, great coloring work. It's wonderful that snow on the outside can bring so much creativity indoors.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I love those papers and the coloring is really neat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...