Tuesday, April 20, 2010

i {heart} April Showers bring May Flowers

This month the i{heart} papers design team is jumping straight into May with the beauty of blossoms! This challenge is so wide open! I find, as a stamper, that flowers are a go to staple image in my repertoire. My tulips and daffodils are up and getting ready to bloom along my driveway and along the front of my house. I planted crocus bulbs in my lawn last fall, and some are blooming right now. It's so much fun watching people stop and point at this unexpected, lovely sight in the middle of grass that is just starting to grow.


My own garden is my inspiration for this card. It is rare that we have rain showers in April so close to the Rocky Mountains because we often still experience snow until close to the May long weekend. Yesterday, however, just as we sat down to supper we had a bit of a rain shower with thunder followed by a beautiful rainbow to the east of us. I love spring!

I used Flowers for You by Our Craft Lounge. I stamped the image 6 times and coloured them with copic markers. I cut the base layers out using square nesties and then cut out the extra tulip flower heads and popped them up on the base, creating a little extra dimension. The large pink bow was created using my bow easy (I LOVE that little gadget! I use it ALL the time!) and some gorgeous bright pink silk ribbon.


Please, take a boo at the gorgeous spring inspired creations by the rest of the i {heart} papers design team;
stamps; flowers for you (our craft lounge)
paper; origins (basic grey), coconut swirl (bazzill)
ink; black soot distress ink (ranger)
accessories; square nesties (spellbinders), bright pink silk ribbon (creative impressions), white ribbon (offray), copic markers

13 comments:

Yvonne Hagane said...

This is so beautiful, Loretta! I absolutely love your layout, and the colors are so fresh and gorgeous.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This really IS stunning Loretta! Love these colors and your ribbons are expertly done. Awesome job with this month's challenge.

Kendra said...

This is really beautiful & your bow is amazing. I may have to get that Bow Easy too.

i {heart} papers said...

Pretty! I love that double bow!

Cathleen said...

Wow! This is stunning, love the flowers and the awesome bow!

Megan said...

Awwww, those tulips are lovely! Darling card.

whoistracy said...

This is so sweet! I love how you repeated the image three times.

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Oooh, this is so pretty! Love the colors and the layout.

Deb said...

So gorgeous, Loretta, with all that extra dimension! Such attention to the intricate details! Your layered ribbon is simply amazing!

Stacey Schafer said...

I {heart} THIS! darling:)

Velta said...

Hello Loretta!! This card is just darling! Great design!

Joseline said...

Oh this is sooo pretty. I love your ribbon!!

Lori said...

The layered flowers and layered bow are fabulous, Loretta!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...