Thursday, August 6, 2009

WT230 Blessings


The Ways to use it challenge on SCS today is to use pleats. Very cool! I did this for the first time just a couple of weeks ago and found it's easier than sewing pleats in a garment! ;)

I think maybe my pleating is a bit heavy and with the grand lace border this looks a little like a Victorian dress OR a Victorian stool... Either way it has a Victorian feel to it *chuckle*. I used Christmas paper for this card so even though this isn't a Christmas card, I'm one step closer to getting my Christmas cards done. If you question my creative reasoning, see this post...

I've included links for all my shopping in the recipe below and now I've got to run pick up our foster puppies. They are healthy enough for their spay/neuters today!

stamps; happy birthday (ODBD)
paper; wassail (basic grey), always artichoke (SU!), heavy weight vellum (paper accents), brown (bazzill)
ink; tea dye, brushed corduroy, frayed burlap distress ink (ranger)
accessories; top note die, white satin ribbon (SU!), petite oval and petite scallop oval, doodles, grand lace border (spellbinders), adhesive pearls (kaiser), metal accent (embellish it), brown ribbon (offray)

8 comments:

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Loretta! Love the pleats and the flourish around the verse!

Jane Wetzel said...

oh just BREATHTAKING.... :)

i {heart} papers said...

This is gorgeous!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

GASP!! This is stunning Loretta!! I love the sketch!! And the dp and colors are fabulous!! *sigh*

Jenny Gropp said...

This is stunning!

Stamping Becky said...

Wow! Amazing card. So many beautiful little details. The pleats are just lovely.

Kelley said...

So beautiful, Loretta! Just gorgeous!!!

Conniecrafter said...

beautiful all around, the vellum swirls are a neat touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...