Wednesday, August 5, 2009

SUINK Whachadoin Wednesday

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiYmsqImWZTze_gd7tb6BAJBPiPOoPGcUKUUvsNhP6SoeXC3-picEwpTwJsQmbEY8WfFDeM5WNnblaIgorc-nGLlCGVdaT1X0AvLfbhuij0vFJ9q7I9e79Rxqm_k7L_e_fp1wOUfR48ur8/s1600/6a00e553522d0788330115714e7d5e970b-800wi.jpg

Happy Wednesday! Where I am, it's cold and wet. I could see my breath yesterday afternoon and, quite frankly, that is a little depressing for AUGUST!!!! Today's Whachadoin' Wednesday challenge is to make a card that when you see it makes you think -- Aaaahhhhh, SUMMER! This challenge is also posted on the SUINK blog and please feel free to go there and see the rest of the deets.

Here's my card;



I used All Things Grow With Love, a featured set at SUINK. Right now, you can purchase this set for $5!!!! Get outta here that almost free and if you use this set just 5 times, that turns it into a dollar stamp. Use it more than 5 times, ammortized per use, and this baby is, like, free!!!! But you need to get it for $5 first before you can apply my creative ammortization process... ask me why I'm NOT an accountant! *snort*

I used one of the adorable sentiments that comes with this set. If I had a wonderful weather summer, this is what my garden would look like at sunset. Today, it's grey and so I will gaze upon my imaginary garden at sunset and hope we get a little more warm weather before it snows...

Make sure you check out Kristen, Danielle and Leigh have created to celebrate summer!

stamps; all things grow with love (SUINK)
paper; que sera sera (K&Co), cardstock by core'dinations
ink; espresso adirondack (ranger)
accessories; border punch (fiskars), small sunflower, circle nesties (spellbinders), rhinestoens (basic grey), green gingham ribbon (bazzill)

8 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh WOW!! I just LOOOOVE this super cute flower and sentiment!! Your ribbon is the hightlight though---SOOOO creative to think of ribbon stem :) Great color combos and border punch too.

Kerri said...

I too love the ribbon stem!!! Will definitely have to try that : ) Beautiful card, Loretta!

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic!!! I love the way you calculate stamp costs!!! Cute card!!!

Stamping Becky said...

So pretty and cheerful! I really needed to look at something bright today, what with all the rain. It doesn't seem like summer here at all. I'm with Betty. You make a good case with the cost calculation. Happy Summer ; )

Tammy Hershberger said...

Super cute design, Loretta!

Peggy said...

I thought I would play along for the "summertime" challenge looks like fun

Jenny Gropp said...

Love your design here - with the ribbon stem and leaves - just wonderful!

Conniecrafter said...

so very cute, love the way you did the stem and leaves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...