Sunday, August 9, 2009

ODBD Feature Stamper Challenge


We usually go to worship on Sunday morning so it is rare that I get to the feature stamper challenge. This saddens me because I am blessed by the galleries that are featured and I admire the talent that is showcased. This weekend is different though because we went to the Saturday evening service this time and I nearly slept in this morning instead!

I chose Adieu Pink Pirouette by Joanne Travis (aka sleepyinseattle) to case. I love the soft loveliness of her card and her layout is divine. I decided to stay within the colour palette she used, but I decided to do a more is more kind of case. I kept the ribbon, but layered it and added two more ribbons to it. I love her buttons, so I kept those as well, but added one. I decided to frame my sentiment, but it almost isn't there since it's really more like a window frame that you can see through - KWIM? Am I clear as mud?

I like that Joanne's card features a sentiment, so I used one to from the newly released 'Jesus' set by Our Daily Bread.

Have a marvelous day!!!

stamps; Jesus (ODBD)
paper; smoky, coconut swirl (bazzill), lilykate (basic grey)
ink; basic gray (SU!)
accessories; petite oval & scallop oval nesties, foliage frame (spellbinders), buttons (basic grey), adhesive rhinestones (heidi swapp), white floss (bazzill), blue taffeta ribbon (SU!), white ribbon (offray), wide pink silk ribbon (may arts)

8 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Lovely colors and frame with ribbon detailing, Loretta!!! Lovely scripture card!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Loretta!!! Your take on Joanne's card is perfect!!! Hugs ~S~

Grace said...

Love what you did with that frame and lacing the ribbon Loretta! Gorgeous presentation of this wonderful verse!

A Walk With Faith said...

This is gorgeous Loretta! Love the softness of the colors and all the special details. And of course the Scripture verse is one of my favs.
Hugs, Faith

Connie M. said...

This is just so pretty! I love all the ribbon treatments, and those buttons are the perfect addition!

Lorelie Kim said...

Love the soft colors and lo!! Fab design, dp and totally LOVE the ribbons threaded through the SB frame!!

Kristine said...

GORGEOUS!! :) Love the dp and that verse and that neat way your put the ribbon through the scrolly thingy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...