Tuesday, August 11, 2009

No Stamping Allowed!!! JBelle Tuesday

This week's Jacksonbelle Embellishments challenge is to make a card without any stamping on it! You can use flowers, rub-ons, chipboard, etc. But no Stamping Allowed!! If you would also like to play along, please use keyword JBE066 if uploading to SCS or you can send a link to your card to the JBelle Blog!



Since I couldn't stamp it, I glammed it! I used Two Scoops Basic Grey paper - I've been pulling out a lot of oldies but goodies lately - and went from there. I decided to not grunge up the chip board with crackle paint, although that was a front runner for awhile. Instead, I used sticky paper (JAC paper by Dreamweaver) and I traced my chipboard flowers on it. Once the flowers were cut out, I peeled off the paper backing and stuck it to the chipboard. Then, I peeled off the front 'backing' and sprinkled glitter on it. Voila! I used my glue pen to glitterify the basic grey rub on I used.

I'm so limited in my studio right now, so I've got to get in and out quickly. The construction is going faster than we thought it would which is really wonderful, but it is awkward too. Yesterday, there were 5 people and 3 dogs in the smallest room (aka my studio) in our house... That seems so wrong! Anyway, it's a little challenging to concentrate right now.

Please check out the rest of the JBelle Rockstars projects for this challenge! And Lindsey has a boat load of stuff on for CHEAP in the store right now since she's making room for fab new stuff coming your way SOON.

paper; two scoops (basic grey), brown, sprout (bazzill), wild wasabi (SU!)
accessories; top note die, white satin ribbon (SU!), chipboard flowers (ek success), rub ons, buttons (basic grey), copper grommet (we r memory keepers), branch punch (ms), glitter (art institute)

10 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

What beautiful colors! I love how the glitter keeps everything light. This is gorgeous!

Melissa Bove said...

This card is gorgeous Loretta!! Stunning!!

Mitzi Koons said...

Oh wow - what a beautiful card! Love the colors and the glitter.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Loretta!! Love the flourish on the bottom...perfect paper to use for a "no stamping" card!!

Kristine said...

WOWZERS! :) Love it Loretta!

Michelle said...

Love those branches and that layered flower -- really nice.

Lynda Benden said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Loretta! I love the glittery flowers and your layout is wonderful!

Heather said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!! WOW! Great job with this challenge!

Carly said...

This is so pretty! Love the glitter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...