Well, I'm hoping I'll get some stamping done this week...maybe. Our basement flooded yesterday afterrnoon. My craftroom is in the basement. Worse, there is a back room off my craftroom. It's in the back room that the flood started when a PVC pipe split. I found it in less than 10 minutes, but a 6"split with the water pressure from the entire house behind it can give off a lot of water in a very short period of time!
I have to admit that I've been a tad overwhelmed to go look at how much damage there is. Paper and water are mortal enemies, and I can hardly stand to go really assess the damages. In my head, the very worst part is that there was a wedding dress hanging about 3 feet from the burst pipe... I know, there is a universal groan when you read that. As soon as I spotted the flooding, I ran for that dress. Well, the red sating accents didn't bleed, but the lining shrunk, so I'll have to assess that a little later today too. *sigh*
It's going to be a long day. The insurance adjuster will be here to assess the situation in a couple of hours. The new laminate floor we put down in my room when we first moved in will have to come out. I could almost cry!!! The drywall we put up has to be replaced. *sigh*
Well, I guess I'd better go start sorting water damaged paper from the good stuff. Gotta check piles of fabric closest to the pipe. Strangers are apparently going to come and handle all my crafting stuff and desks to get it out of my room so a new-new floor can be put down.