Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Locks of Love



























A dear friend of mine began her chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer today. What she doesn't know yet, is (the timing just worked out to facilitate this) my oldest daughter and I had our long hair cut off this morning and we are donating it to Locks of Love. We have 3 ponytails (mine was too thick to get in just one ponytail) and when they are combined, it's hard to tell which was who's! I didn't realize our hair was so alike! I didn't realize I had that much curl to my hair!!!! We haven't had to style our hair before, so now we have to figure that out. It's been decades since I last used a curling iron...

6 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

That's so awesome! You're "Loretta Lock"s For Love!!! :)

CreativeMish said...

You both look very nice! What an awesome gesture! I've never grown my hair long enough to do that

MariLynn said...

My daughters have done locks of love 2 times and last time they had me do it too. I am proud of you.

Jenn said...

Wow good for you guys. You both look beautiful. Morgan is quite the little lady now, wow.

Stamping Becky said...

What a great gesture of love. Good for you! You both look absolutely lovely.

Anonymous said...

What a good friend you and your daughter are. Both of your cuts look wonderful! Good Luck to your friend I hope the side effects are mild and she eventually becomes cancer-free.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...