Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Locks of Love



























A dear friend of mine began her chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer today. What she doesn't know yet, is (the timing just worked out to facilitate this) my oldest daughter and I had our long hair cut off this morning and we are donating it to Locks of Love. We have 3 ponytails (mine was too thick to get in just one ponytail) and when they are combined, it's hard to tell which was who's! I didn't realize our hair was so alike! I didn't realize I had that much curl to my hair!!!! We haven't had to style our hair before, so now we have to figure that out. It's been decades since I last used a curling iron...

6 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

That's so awesome! You're "Loretta Lock"s For Love!!! :)

Creative Mish said...

You both look very nice! What an awesome gesture! I've never grown my hair long enough to do that

MariLynn said...

My daughters have done locks of love 2 times and last time they had me do it too. I am proud of you.

Jenn said...

Wow good for you guys. You both look beautiful. Morgan is quite the little lady now, wow.

Stamping Becky said...

What a great gesture of love. Good for you! You both look absolutely lovely.

Anonymous said...

What a good friend you and your daughter are. Both of your cuts look wonderful! Good Luck to your friend I hope the side effects are mild and she eventually becomes cancer-free.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...