Thursday, January 22, 2009

WT202 Sheltering Tree IHP

Everytime I see a tree image like this I think of the song, 'Sheltering Tree'. The lyrics I remember go something like this;

We all need a sheltering tree.
Friends in our lives who get down on their knees;
Lift us up before the King of Kings.
We all need a sheltering tree.

I loved today's challenge on SCS - pattern pizazz. I love changing the pattern papers I use. I stamp on them, sponge them, emboss them, heat emboss them, doodle on them, glitter them, or sometimes add embellishments to enhance the design.

Most of the supplies I used are available from i {heart} papers, and I have direct links to those items in my supplies list. I altered the green pattern paper with a glitter pen, then I added black brads and paper flowers to enhance the design. I used copic markers to colour the main image then painted over it with shimmerz shimmer paint (wonderful stuff!!!).

stamps; sparkle clear - love that (Hero Arts IHP)
paper; raven, coconut swirl (bazzill), spider, spout from the itsy bitsy spider collection (piggy tales IHP)
ink; onyx black versafine (tsukineko)
accessories; beaded daisies- yellow (the card co. IHP), yellow faux suede ribbon (may arts IHP), black brads (bazzill), sunny shimmerz (shimmering products IHP), copic markers (copic), stardust clear glitter pen, Sakura), black satin ribbon (offray), labels two nestabilities (spellbinders IHP),

3 comments:

Holly aka Toy said...

Beautifully done! I love the colors :) TFS!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! Fantastic colors!

Anonymous said...

Refreshing! This card really speaks joy. Beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...