Thursday, January 22, 2009

My decent circle card!

I love circle cards. I love looking at them. I love thinking about them. I admire the cards done by those who do them well. Generally, I suck at them. Really I do. I'm not trying to self-depreciate for the sake of compliments. I'm deliberately trying to do circle cards to overcome this challenge of mine. Stampin' Up! is carrying a darn cool circle cutter and I want to master it (I haven't yet - I still get a funky join spot/jog upon completion of the circle) so I can show my hostess ladies this cool tool and teach them circle cards. I love round things - our old kitchen had round swirls embroidered on the curtains and the rods had cute swirls on the ends as well. I just have to breathe through circle cards and keep doing them.

I played it safe with this layout and kept concentric circles to achieve balance. My circle cards usually end up unbalanced and just weird. I want to add non round elements later and experiment with less symmetrical layouts.
Here are the instructions for this center from Tim Holtz. He did a series of tags for the 12 Days of Christmas, and this particular thing he did with Fragments really struck me. That man is brilliant - really he is.

Okay, I'm off to do toady's challenge on SCS - jazz up patterned paper... Hmmm - which to pick from the 3 foot stack?...

stamps; filagree fantasy (verve), thank-you (inkadinkado)
paper;
salt (bazzill), baja breeze, soft sky (SU!), offbeat 6x6 pad (basic grey)
ink;
baja breeze, not quite navy (SU!), distress ink embossing ink (Ranger - it does smell like cinnamon!!! I'm in love!)
accessories; fragments, long fasteners (tim holtz), large scallop circle die (Sizzix), white satin ribbon (offray), clear ep, diamond stickles (ranger), white gel pen (sakura), blue adhesive rhinestone (kaiser)

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful. I am anxious to hear how you do with the circle cutter--for the price, I am not convinced yet that it is something I need or can sell to my customers. So make sure you let us know!
Meanwhile, this card is gorgeous, I don't think I have ever seen that Verve stamp, but I am going to check it out. Colors are yummy!
LeAnne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...