Wednesday, January 7, 2009

TLC202 With Bittersweet Love

Poop has priority everyday right now, so this card has been in the making since Lynn posted the glitter challenge last Monday.

I'm kinda glad this card took so long. It gave me gobs of time to mull over every detail in my head before I sat down to do the next layer. The base of the card was easy. I used my Bittersweet 6x6 pad available from i {heart} papers. I used both 1/4" & 1/8" tacky tape on the stripes already on the paper. Kate has some amazing tape called i {stick} papers. I then poured glitter on, matching the stripe colour underneath. I sponged purely pomegranate and bravo burgundy around the edges of the paisley dp.

I tried using my just rite stamps - love those things!!!! - but it looked totally dumb with this card. I used my circle nestabilities to cut out the original image from the red dp in the Bittersweet pad. It looked dumb as a bag of hammers. I used the next size circle smaller - still looked bad BUT I was left with this cutie pie red ring that I used. I'm so glad I didn't pitch it! And that silly thing gave me inspiraiton for some other projects. Sometimes, my ubitzes have a useful purpose!

I used a heart ghost shape that I sent through my Zyron upside down to get it all gluey on the right side. Perfect adhesive for glitter!!! Pop on a few rhinestones and voila! A cutie patootie little detail.

I used the Bella's Topiary for the main image, coloured with copic markers. I topped it off with my clear atyou copic glitter pen. It really fits with the rest of the glitter. I'm really tickety boo pleased with this one!

stamps; Bellas Topiary (stampingbella)
paper;
Bittersweet 6x6 pad (basic grey IHP), brown, coconut swirl (bazzill)
ink;
pearlescent chocolate (brilliance by tsukineko), purely pomegranate, bravo burgundy (SU!)
accessories;
clear ep (ranger), heart ghost shape (heidi swapp IHP), circle nestabilities (spellbinders IHP), adhesive rhinestones (amuse), pink and crystal glitter (art institute glitter), brown brads (bazzill), copic markers, atyou copic spica glitter pen (copic IHP), 1/8" & 1/4" tacky tape (provo)

1 comment:

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous card! I'm glad the puppies are doing better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...