Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SC213 My Love IHP

I like this card. My problem is I don't LOVE this card. I'm messing around trying to get the right look and the right everything for the Valentine's card I give DH.

Here are my gripes about this card;

1. It's too cluttered at the bottom of the vertical panel. I like the elements separately, but layering them like that is schlumpy.

2.The panel behind the birds is boring. I should have stamped on the pink cardstock like my first instinct told me to. A flourish or a frame under that velum would have been gorgeous.

3. I used birds - WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!!!!!!! I know many people love to use birds, but I'm just not good with birds in stamping or IRL.

What I love about this card;

1. I love that shrink plastic heart idea. That's a keeper.

2. I think the rhinestones on the ribbon are quite striking.

3. I am quite taken with that vellum - this card could use more velum.

4. I love layering ribbon, and I think it was quite effective here.

I'll stop now. Getting too cerebral about a card is not good for my mental health. Check out the ingredients listed below for links to the products used in this card from i {heart} papers.

stamps; Hearts and Love (inkadinkado IHP)
paper; october bling, brown (bazzill), irridescent vellum (paper accents), hearts and stripes, diamonds and pearls (masterpiece studios/stemma IHP)
ink; java chalk ink (tsukineko), blueberries and chocolate chalk ink (colorbox)
accessories; sheer heart edge ribbon, solid/satin brown/pink ribbon, brown satin ribbon (may arts IHP), rhinestone brad, silver brads (making memories), pink rhinestones (Q&Co.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...