Monday, January 12, 2009

Just to say...hive!

I bought this designer paper back in the fall from my LSS. These are from Scenic Route's Sonoma collection. The red clovers caught my eye and I just had to have one sheet. Then, logically, I needed to have 3 more of different patterns from the collection to co-ordinate - logically. The prints on the backsides of these papers are so elegant, and I'll use them later. They work *uber* well with the bee hive. {insert contented sigh}.

It's odd that I rarely use red and green for Christmas cards, but I use these colours a fair bit for the rest of the year. I think it's my rebellious heart showing. That and I live in Canada where there is no colour in December besides blue, brown, white, brown and a little more white (sometimes). That's it. That's all. That's sad...

I stamped the bee hive image on white cards stock and adhered it. I stamped the image a second time on watercolour paper and watercoloured it. Too cute. I love this image, and those cutie patootie bees in this set.

Holy cow! It's almost mid-January. The days are getting longer! Have a terrific week!

stamps; just buzzin' by (SU!)
paper; sonoma collection (scenic route), whisper white, ridinghood red, old olive (SU!)
ink; espresso (adirondack by ranger), so saffron, old olive, close to cocoa (SU! reinkers), walnut stain, pitch black (distress inks by ranger)
accessories; real red grosgrain (SU!), parakeet brads (bazzill)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

This is adorable Loretta!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...